Michael Wearne is a pro car shooter. He takes us to one of his favourite locations, renowned, quirky and yup freezing Calder park to show us how to shoot a gorgeous Lotus 'Elise' and hunky Ford XB Coupe.
What was to be just a shoot of the cars ends up being an Environmental Portrait shoot as well.
What you'll learn:
- What gear Michael uses and how small your set up can actually be.
- How Michael uses flash to overpower the sunlight and add drama to the shot.
- What a difference it makes when you change where the talent is standing.
- The benefits of using a graduated filter.
- How important it is to spend time getting the car angle right and learning to give yourself the time to do it.
- The benefits of thinking of one shot as a composite of two shots.
After you've finished these lessons head on to "How to photograph cars and their owners Part II."