Nikon D800...it's here!
After what seems like a lifetime of speculation, the Nikon D800 has arrived!
Between Tsunamis and cyclones, Nikon has had a though run in the last year.
But the planets have finally aligned and the new Nikon D800 has arrived.
Hot on the heels of the new Nikon D4 announced recently, Nikon has upped the anti with the a massive 36.3-megapixel CMOS FX sensor (35.9 x 24mm) on the D800.
I for one didn't see that coming!
So let's take a look under the hood.
In short we can see:
• 36.3 MP CMOS FX Sensor
• 3.2 inch LCD screen (same as D4)
• Expeed 3 Processor
• Lighter than the D700
• Face detection
• Can shoot in FX and DX format at full 1080p (H.264)
• 30fps, 25fps, 24fps @ HD. Or 60fps, 50fps, 30fps, 25fps @ 720p.
• A headphone jack that lets you monitor sound recording in live view mode.
• Auto flicker reduction.
• Card slots are SD and CF.
• In camera HDR mode (2 exposures only)
• Time lapse controller.
• Virtual horizon.
• ISO range from 100-6400 expandable to 50 and 25,600 using high and low settings.
• Shutter tested to 200K cycles.
• 4fps in FX mode. 5fps in 1.2x mode. 6fps in DX mode (with battery pack).
• USB 3 connectivity.
How much will it cost? Well that's the 3-6K question???
Looks kinda tasty though.